Friday, October 10, 2008

Time for an Update. and pictures?

So Alot has happened since the last post. I am still in Peru, travelling along happily. I am writing from Nazca, where tomorrow I am hopping in a plane to check out the Nazca Lines.

First dump of pictures is http://www.flickr.com/photos/31366522@N08/page4/

I spent a few days in Lima and I did quite like it (more than expected) but I was culture shocked by the traffic and use of horns. It was unreal. 3 lane roads turned into 4 or 5 lanes, being cut off every turn, not even slowing down for stop signs, just honking to hope people stop. It was madness. To cross the street, you risk your life every time. Also, the cabs honk if they think you need a ride, being as non peruvian as you can get, I got honked at A LOT. It was funny for about an hour, then just annoying.

Other than that, I tried to be cultural by checking out a few museums, churches, catacombs, I will not bore you with the details, but it was interesting and informative.

Then came the adventure part of the current blog. I took off to Huacachina, where I proceeded to sandboard. This was basically snowboarding but on sand. I really quite enjoyed myself, but a damper was put on the event when a guy from Brazil broke his Femur.....bad news. Nonetheless, we were still able to go dune buggying afterwards and that was the best part. Like a rollercoaster ride on sand. So cool. The dunes stretched for miles, as far as you could see , very neat. And high, some were hundreds of feet high. Quite a sight to see.

Last but not least in this installment of Markdownsouth was a tour to Isla Ballestas. I quite enjoyed it. We got to see Dolphins, Sea lions, penguins, seals, and a whole lot of birds, that proceeded to poop on us of course. I thought it was worth it, except for the poop. I will wear a hat next time.

1 comment: