Monday, September 22, 2008

Random things

1- Death showers. Showers that have the heater built into the showehead. So the wires actually run into the shower. When you tun on the shower, the lights go dim in the room.

2- Most people who ask where I am from subsequently ask if I live "on the french side or the english side of Canada" heh, like the division is that solid.

3- Surfing is hard work (paddling) but rewarding, catching that first wave is exhilerating.

4- The pineapple here is the best ever.

5- Whales are Big. Turtles are Big. The fish are big. All the animals seem big here. And colurful, so much diversity in the species here. Blue footed boobies are my favorite bird so far. They dance to court. although tucans are friggin beautiful as well.

6- Example of friendliness. I got a reccomendation fo a restauant from a guy that woks at a hostel. I subsequently got ill from the food. He walked down to the restaurant to tell them I got sick and let them know and ask them if they knew why. Nice guy

3 comments:

geoffthegreatone said...

hah.. blue footed boobies.

Galapagos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Galapagos said...

I'm curious to know how the pineapple compares to Thailand when you get there. I'm pretty sure I had written on my blog that Thailand had the "best pineapple ever". Hehe. :P

We need pictures! It's such a tease to hear about these beautiful places without any pics! :)

Miss you, Marky!